Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vintage Yellow and Tinted Veil

While showing my friend, Meghann, around the house one day she suggested that I paint the rooms upstairs since nothing structually needed to be done with them and once painted, I could call them DONE! So, I took her advice and got to work priming away to be one step closer to seeing some sort of completion in the house. We had some sweet friends from church come help us on a Saturday to paint away up here in the guest room. The color is called "Vintage Yellow" by Glidden and I'm very happy with the result.

It's sunny by color in the day, but gets really toned down when the sun sets.




This is the kids' room painted in "Tinted Veil" by Valspar. It's really just a true gray color. I like it, but I'm going to like it better with my colorful decorations up! I think it'll be a perfect neutral pallette to begin with though.
It gets a lot darker when you turn the corner in the room towards Will's side of the room, but there's only room for his crib there so dark is actually not that bad. My mom was just in town and made curtains for the room. Check back soon to see the goodness. They're beautiful. :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors you've chosen Nat! It's going to be so fun to start decorating now that the rooms are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that Vintage Yellow. I can't wait to see my new room. B~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color choices. What an awesome feeling to have TWO rooms done :)

    ReplyDelete