Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keeping It!

Thanks for everyone's advice and for putting up with some girly wishy-washiness there for a second. We've decided to keep the colors in the master bedroom. I think it does give it that cozy feel and you've made me feel better about it. I don't think we'll need to re-paint anytime soon which I am happy about since I'm busy painting baseboard everywhere else in the house anyway.My Aunt Ramona had asked if the blue was really that dark as it looks in the pictures. Well, it'll look different on a computer but the "cafe blue" from Valspar is a grayish blue and it'll blend nicely with the Elizabeth Paisley duvet I have from Pottery Barn. The chandelier pictured will be transferred to the dining room and will be replaced with an amber colored Austrian crystal chandelier my mom brought back from Vienna.
Here it is with my dad displaying it in all it's glory. My parents took pictures of it before they hauled it down from Alaska when they came and visited in October. They wanted to make sure that I wanted it and mentioned something about me being wishy-washy ;), but I love it! Except for the hideous tassle which I will promptly get rid of and my father-in-law is going to re-wire it out of it's European wiring, I think it'll look great!

1 comment: