Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sampler Platter

You asked for it...you got it. This is just a taste of how the house is shaping up. I don't want you to see all the house just yet but here's how a few of the rooms are turning out.



For starters, we ended up buying this Price Pfister Arlington faucet from Lowe's for a little over $200.00. We needed a faucet with one hole so unfortunately I have no use for the soap pump. I hate to see things go wasted so if anyone has an idea of what to do with it or even if you need it, let me know! And yes, it has the faucet has a built-in sprayer which was a must for me.


Lowe's should pay me for showcasing their stuff. Yes, this wallpaper backsplash is from you guessed it. Back when Adam and I were childless and fancy free we spent our Saturday mornings going to Lowe's sidewalk sales and picking up all of their clearance marked items that they had sitting out in front of the store. Not every Lowe's does this we've found so we'd make a ritual of going to Great Harvest Bread for breakfast, hit up our sidewalk sale with some garage sales along the way. Good days.

Anywho, guess how much I paid for this? Well, I don't remember to a T, but I do remember it being somwhere in the range of $1.00-$3.00 for an entire roll. Even better, I walked away with about 5 or 6 rolls of beadboard wallpaper for $1.00 each.
You like my green dishes too? So do I. I bought them last summer from a guy off of Craigslist. He said his wife wanted a change from these jade colored Pottery Barn beauties and I got a set of 20 of EVERYTHING for 40 bucks!

And here's the living room...


Still looking for a lampshade for that log lamp on the right side of the picture. I bought a set of 4 log lamps at a garage sale for $25.00 and they all came with gigantic lampshades that looked like they belonged around a dogs neck after it'd been neutered.


And here's the gal's side of her bedroom. She'll be sleeping in this bed TONIGHT! We're moving in!

7 comments:

  1. lookin' good!!!! anxiously awaiting more..... that wallpaper is perfect for cabinet backs....good buy. ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many pillows in the living room :)
    J/k

    Looking great! excited for you guys
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking so great! I love the dishes & especially the deal you got on them!!! Can't wait to see the rest, & I hope you soon can enjoy the fruits of your labors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! You could attach the soap dispenser to an old glass jug for soap or lotion perhaps. Great job on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paint color in your living room. I may have missed it, if you mentioned it in a previous post. Do you mind sharing the brand and color?

    Thank you!
    Andrea L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting! Everything looks great. You guys must be loving finally living in the space you've worked so hard on! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. My husband and I are redoing a house in Arkansas. We just had our house stabilized, but it is still very ineven. Did you do concrete over the exisiting floor. I love what you have done! Please e-mail me at jeanniescates@cox.net

    ReplyDelete