Friday, September 25, 2009

Charming Innovations

A friend of mine, Katie, in Raleigh has started a new blog and design business and I thought I'd share some pictures on her recent posts. I absolutely love her ideas!


She pulled this picture from Design Sponge and this is the exact color palette I've been mulling over and over in my mind! It's so great to see someone took my idea and put it picture form! Okay, okay, well I could never have come up with something so chic, but I'm totally thinking marigold shutters and that dark blue on my porch floor. Loves it.

This was another idea that Katie pulled from Restoration Hardware and it couldn't have been better timing for me to stumble upon this!

Awful, awful picture I know. But, it's the coolest key that actually says "Master Key" on it. This is one of two old keys we've come across in the house reno. Now I'm totally excited to do this...

If only I could just find 4 more keys! Now, let's talk about those corbels! Mmmmm, yes please.

I already have Katie's website posted to the right so check her out for more great ideas. I know I will!

4 comments:

  1. OK so it has A-L-W-A-Y-S been my dream to have a blue house! I love the one pictured in this post! You could so pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have some old keys and if I don't Grandma Batten does. Do you want them? Love, Mom...great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and marigold, such a great combo, and it totally fits you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never in ten million years have had the guts to paint my house that color.... but it looks great. I need you to come give me color advice!!

    Susan Kelly

    ReplyDelete